Tutor Exam now available!
Thread in News started by Marcus, February 18th 2019, 15:08 CEST
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

In MasterCores you can become tutor if you can prove you have a greater knowledge of the game.
As a tutor, you are highlighted in help channel and on the forums, have an extra channel for tutors there you can ask for assistance and you have the ability to report bugs directly in the game using a special window.

To take the exam, you need to fulfill certain requirements such as:

• Must have played MasterCores for at least 2 months.
  • Must have a character of level 50 or above.
  • Must not have a criminal record.
  • Must have used the WebShop at least once.

Additional Requirements:

• Must have in-depth knowledge of the game and rules.
  • Must have understanding for peoples different behaviors.
  • Must be polite.

If you think you have knowledge great enough to become a Tutor, you might want to take a look at the Tutor Guide and then, when you feel ready for it, start the exam on your account panel by pressing the button "Tutor".

Sincerely,
MasterCores Staff

February 18th 2019, 15:08 CEST
Master Koxu

What if I donated points on my eks account and now I Play druid on different one? 
Can I become tutor anyway or can you give permission to become one of the players who want help the others? 

February 18th 2019, 17:28 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Master Koxu
What if I donated points on my eks account and now I Play druid on different one? 
Can I become tutor anyway or can you give permission to become one of the players who want help the others? 

Everything around tutor is dealt with automatically via your account panel.
The account that wish to become tutor must fulfill the requirements stated at the tutor page.

Sincerely,
Marcus

February 18th 2019, 17:57 CEST
Master Koxu

But what if I am not playing ek anymore and I have donated points on him lel. I switched to druid and I play only it so that's weird requirement. 
​​​​​​That would be nice if you changed something and gave me a chance ^^

February 18th 2019, 18:30 CEST
GM Laylee
Gamemaster

Just to clarify about this whole matter.  In order to qualify for taking the tutor test you must have used the webshop, eg. used any item from the shop or spent points from the webshop via that account.  I believe you will be fine, your corcern is pretty much null and void. 
By Master Koxu
But what if I am not playing ek anymore and I have donated points on him lel. I switched to druid and I play only it so that's weird requirement. 

February 18th 2019, 19:23 CEST
Maninhos
Tutor

Hey, is the criminal record thing permanent? Because I got ban for excessive pk recently and im not eligible to take the test, and as far as I know I cant keep track of my criminal record at my account page

February 18th 2019, 19:59 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Master Koxu

It's not about purchasing points, it's about to make sure you've experienced the shop.
And the account that want to become tutor, must meet the requirements, doesn't matter if you meet them on another account or not.

If you wish to make the tutor exam, you need to meet all the requirements on the same account you planned on taking the test on.

By Maninhos
Hey, is the criminal record thing permanent? Because I got ban for excessive pk recently and im not eligible to take the test, and as far as I know I cant keep track of my criminal record at my account page

I've done a few changed and updated the tutor guide accordingly.
You can take the exam if it's been 7 days or mroe since your automatic PK banishment was lifted, or 30 days of any other type of banishment.

Sincerely,
Marcus

February 18th 2019, 20:50 CEST
Master Koxu

Thats illogical for me, I have to use points on the account that I wanna be tutor because I need "experience" and know how it works (your words) The thing is that I know how to donate (what is nothing unusual) and where/when you get Item after buying it.
But that's your choice. I can help people even if I am not tutor. That does not change anything. Just the requirement is stupid because I have experienced it and I have prove.

You don't have to answer. I don't care. Just wanted to say what I think. I hope you know what you do

February 18th 2019, 21:55 CEST
Mazza
Tutor

Lmao,

I failed the test because I got 29 / 30 xD

February 19th 2019, 03:52 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Master Koxu
Thats illogical for me, I have to use points on the account that I wanna be tutor because I need "experience" and know how it works (your words) The thing is that I know how to donate (what is nothing unusual) and where/when you get Item after buying it.
But that's your choice. I can help people even if I am not tutor. That does not change anything. Just the requirement is stupid because I have experienced it and I have prove.

You don't have to answer. I don't care. Just wanted to say what I think. I hope you know what you do

You seem not to be able to understand, the ACCOUNT must reach certain requirements to make the test.

By Mazza
Lmao,

I failed the test because I got 29 / 30 xD

You actually got 28/30 in score

To become tutor, you must do a perfect 30/30, else nearly everyone could become tutor as most people actually do reach more than 25 correct answers.

This is a list of exams done in a 5 hour period:

As you see, if anything but a perfect score would be allowed, we'd have a bunch of new tutors every day, eventually we could have hundreds of them.
To become a tutor should be an honor, something that not most can accomplish by just taking an exam without studying for it

Last edited by Marcus on February 19th 2019, 14:18 CEST
February 19th 2019, 14:16 CEST
Mazza
Tutor

No worries, 

I am happy to let the new noobs fend for themselves :P

February 19th 2019, 14:59 CEST
Mike Hunt

Is there a list somewhere of all tutors?

February 19th 2019, 15:24 CEST
Oliverqueen
Tutor

Is this a time someone took to finish the test or the time that he had left?

By Marcus

To become a tutor should be an honor, something that not most can accomplish by just taking an exam without studying for it

I do not agree that tutor should be a person that study for it, it should be a person that knows what to do in certain situations and knows how to react, it's not something you learn from studying, its something you learn from your own experience.

Last edited by Oliverqueen on February 19th 2019, 22:23 CEST
February 19th 2019, 22:15 CEST
Idrian

I'd love to return and play this character again, but that level 50 requirement 

February 20th 2019, 11:15 CEST
Grim
Tutor

Good Luck on the exam everyone =) @Idrian the level 50 requirement is low enough shouldn't be to hard takes like 2 days to get level from scratch depending on voc~ =)

February 20th 2019, 11:51 CEST
GM Laylee
Gamemaster

By Mike Hunt
Is there a list somewhere of all tutors?

there is not, not for the public.   Reason being we dont need people wandering around to purposely screw with the tutors, thus only the staff can see who is a tutor to monitor their behavior.

Last edited by GM Laylee on February 20th 2019, 18:54 CEST
February 20th 2019, 18:51 CEST
Mike Hunt

well ok that's cool and i can see the point in that, but we can all see who is a tutor and not anyways by looking under their names here on the forum and also on their character page if the character is not hidden

Edit: Oh and btw I tried the exam again and got 29/30, i failed the question "which creature is faster" lol.. :( guess i wont have to hang out in help channel all the time

Last edited by Mike Hunt on February 20th 2019, 22:33 CEST
February 20th 2019, 22:12 CEST
Maninhos
Tutor

By Marcus

It's not about purchasing points, it's about to make sure you've experienced the shop.
And the account that want to become tutor, must meet the requirements, doesn't matter if you meet them on another account or not.

If you wish to make the tutor exam, you need to meet all the requirements on the same account you planned on taking the test on.

I've done a few changed and updated the tutor guide accordingly.
You can take the exam if it's been 7 days or mroe since your automatic PK banishment was lifted, or 30 days of any other type of banishment.

Sincerely,
Marcus

Hey there! A lot more than 7 days have passed since i was ban for massive pk and still cant take the test

February 27th 2019, 21:42 CEST
Ceskinho

Can tutors get banned or lose their status if they kill people in an unjustified manner? Because I've been killed right now by Skullord (RP lvl 143), who is indeed a tutor.

May 4th 2019, 17:49 CEST
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)