MasterCores PVP-Enchanted worlds launching on March 1
Thread in News started by Marcus, February 18th 2019, 10:24 CET
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

On March 1, 16:00 we're launching our two first PVP-Enchanted worlds Gamora (EU) and Huntera (USA)!

PVP-Enchanted
A PVP-Enchanted world work much the same as an Open-PVP world with some small difference.
If the player you kill is at least 90% of your own level, you gain a part of the experience that player loses in the death.
In addition to that, the amount of frags for redskull/banishment is twice as high as on an Open-PVP world.

Frags to Punishment Daily Weekly Monthly
Frags to Redskull 6 20 40
Frags to Banishment 10 30 60

Character World Transfers:
Transfer between these two worlds will be possible since launch.
PVP-Enchanted world has the most loose PVP rules which means you can transfer away from PVP-E, but you can't transfer into one from PVP or NON-PVP worlds.

Sincerely,
MasterCores Staff

Last edited by Marcus on February 18th 2019, 10:27 CET
February 18th 2019, 10:24 CET
Master Koxu

In my opinion PvP-Enchanted should be higher rate than normal world because people who join it wanna lvl up fast and fight.
Before 70-80 lvl fast exp and after scoring the lvl, exp lower to x2. 
Now it is only normal world as others on which you can just kill more people and get exp for them.  

February 18th 2019, 17:11 CET
Guilhermao El Pao

Hello,

I would like to make a constructive criticism for you Marcus.

I have the perception that you live on a different plane from the players, perhaps because you do not play your game or because you have no interest in knowing the true opinion of the players and putting all the suggestions and steps in practice.

And then we come to the question: why?

Since I came back to play the only change you made was the creation of 4 worlds, and all the structural problems remain present.

I will not be running away from the topic, but taking advantage of the creation of 2 new pvp-enforced worlds you once again had an authoritarian and solitary attitude.

1) Server Host

Have you ever done a numerical recognition of the number of players who played Huntera? Most were from which country? Can you find out this information? 

From what I played I can say that between 80% and 90% of the players were Brazilian, and ALL had a bad ping, mine for example oscillated between 150 and 200+ ms.

Why did not you choose a server in Florida (USA) for Huntera?

What is the interest of players to play in a pvp enforced with so much lag?

2) Rates

Seriously will you keep current rates? This only shows once again how far you are from the reality and hunger of the players. 

I think you should hire some professional (coach) to increase your horizons and give a different view, you look like that politician we voted for and we put our trust and lost contact with your voters.

This creation of so many worlds does not make any sense to me, it just fragments the community of players, but it's your opinion and I respect it. I just think it would be the responsibility and common sense of your position to listen, reflect, ask and put into practice the wishes of the community that plays this game.

Thank you very much.

February 18th 2019, 19:08 CET
Johnny Truelove

Host usa? That's a shame. Most of your players are brazilian/south-america. I'd love to play this server if I could have a decent ping, unfortunally seems like you don't care about the players who supported your server all the way

February 18th 2019, 20:29 CET
Marcus
Administrator

By Guilhermao El Pao

Hello,

I would like to make a constructive criticism for you Marcus.

I have the perception that you live on a different plane from the players, perhaps because you do not play your game or because you have no interest in knowing the true opinion of the players and putting all the suggestions and steps in practice.

And then we come to the question: why?

Since I came back to play the only change you made was the creation of 4 worlds, and all the structural problems remain present.

I will not be running away from the topic, but taking advantage of the creation of 2 new pvp-enforced worlds you once again had an authoritarian and solitary attitude.

1) Server Host

Have you ever done a numerical recognition of the number of players who played Huntera? Most were from which country? Can you find out this information? 

From what I played I can say that between 80% and 90% of the players were Brazilian, and ALL had a bad ping, mine for example oscillated between 150 and 200+ ms.

Why did not you choose a server in Florida (USA) for Huntera?

What is the interest of players to play in a pvp enforced with so much lag?

2) Rates

Seriously will you keep current rates? This only shows once again how far you are from the reality and hunger of the players. 

I think you should hire some professional (coach) to increase your horizons and give a different view, you look like that politician we voted for and we put our trust and lost contact with your voters.

This creation of so many worlds does not make any sense to me, it just fragments the community of players, but it's your opinion and I respect it. I just think it would be the responsibility and common sense of your position to listen, reflect, ask and put into practice the wishes of the community that plays this game.

Thank you very much.

If I granted the wish of everyone, there'd be onbly 1 world and it would be located in Europe.
And that world would be completely dead because of it.

Players often suggest things that will not work out, change this, change that, druid doesn't make enough damage, paladin doesn't do enough damage, there should be shortcut to warlocks so it's easier power exping... and on and on it goes.
I take suggestions into consideration, and then I decide what's best for MasterCores out of that.

Many feel annoyed bu the selection of worlds and locations, but I'm not into this to make a money-milking game.
I'm here to make MasterCores world-spread and successful with plenty of options of world types and locations.
Right now it might go slow, but it's turning, for little more than a week the acticity has just increased day by day.

You wish for higher rates, well.. you do know MasterCores is a serious game?..
Worlds with higher rates would die within weeks, even days possible.

You tell me I don't know the reality, it's the opsit really, most of suggestions given would near instantly kill MasterCores.
For example, all those complaining about game worth, do you realize what would happen if I actually removed it?.. how long would MasterCores have before all serious players would have retired when retired high lvls login to take their "daily frags"?.

or suggestions to increase frags, pretty much same result there, just slightly slower.

Don't get offended by me, but don't speak of it like I'm not in touch with the reality, I do what I feel is best for MasterCores and you should be thankful I don't make every suggestion come true.. if so you'd have just 1 world, with boring plain 7.4 server with barely no place to hunt.

By Johnny Truelove
Host usa? That's a shame. Most of your players are brazilian/south-america. I'd love to play this server if I could have a decent ping, unfortunally seems like you don't care about the players who supported your server all the way

I've explained this topic many times before, hosting world in Brazil is not only very unstable, but also very expensive.
Demera alone, cost more than 800 Euro/Monthly and still a lot of Brazilians have issues playing smoothly.

Vint Hill is the closest I can get with garantueed stability, like Azera and Benera.. anything else than Vint Hill will be unstable, and possible to expect a lot of downtimes due to DDos.
I did try out a host in Texas once, which failed to stay online when it got hit by the default DDos that MasterCores are targeted with on daily basis.
Oh, when Demera has crazy issues in November, I switched to another "very good company", if you remember.. That failed hard when they couldn't keep the server up because they couldn't handle all the DDos.
That switchover and all the issues around it, costed me more than 1,500 Euro.
1,5k Euros wasted, because I didn't want to move Demera to USA, I did everything I could, to keep at least 1 world in Brazil, and I believe I should get credit for that, because I'd be saving 500+ Euros/Monthly if I relocated Demera to USA, not to mention the network would be a lot more stable too.

I'm not avoiding creating new world in Brazil to fuck with you, I'm avoiding it because it's crazy expensive and very unstable.

Also, more than 95% of Brazilian players, on "Brazilian OTs", are actually playing OT's hosted in Canada (Montreal), Did you knew that?
Montreal is even further north than New York (Benera).

Sincerely,
Marcus

February 18th 2019, 21:10 CET
Guilhermao El Pao

By Marcus

If I granted the wish of everyone, there'd be onbly 1 world and it would be located in Europe.
And that world would be completely dead because of it.

Players often suggest things that will not work out, change this, change that, druid doesn't make enough damage, paladin doesn't do enough damage, there should be shortcut to warlocks so it's easier power exping... and on and on it goes.
I take suggestions into consideration, and then I decide what's best for MasterCores out of that.

Many feel annoyed bu the selection of worlds and locations, but I'm not into this to make a money-milking game.
I'm here to make MasterCores world-spread and successful with plenty of options of world types and locations.
Right now it might go slow, but it's turning, for little more than a week the acticity has just increased day by day.

You wish for higher rates, well.. you do know MasterCores is a serious game?..
Worlds with higher rates would die within weeks, even days possible.

You tell me I don't know the reality, it's the opsit really, most of suggestions given would near instantly kill MasterCores.
For example, all those complaining about game worth, do you realize what would happen if I actually removed it?.. how long would MasterCores have before all serious players would have retired when retired high lvls login to take their "daily frags"?.

or suggestions to increase frags, pretty much same result there, just slightly slower.

Don't get offended by me, but don't speak of it like I'm not in touch with the reality, I do what I feel is best for MasterCores and you should be thankful I don't make every suggestion come true.. if so you'd have just 1 world, with boring plain 7.4 server with barely no place to hunt.

Hey Marcus!  Thank you for your attention.

First of all I would like to thank you for creating and keeping the Mastercores active, even after many problems and adversities, especially for your philosophy against money-milking game.

I do not think all the ideas that players give are good enough to implement, and you've chosen good examples in your argument.

On high-rate on a pvp-enforced server I am in favor of it, just as I am against selling runes in the shop and am in favor of a shorter path for those who have already completed the POI.

With regard to class balancing, I can speak openly (I believe you already know my opinion that has been expressed in other topics) that paladins need to be adjusted, by modifying weapons (introduction of atk and% hit) and new ammunition. But your silence on the topics on this subject imply that you have no interest in it, a pity.

I am in favor of gameworth and even against this change that you did that made it easier.

As you can see, we have many against and favor opinions on various subjects, and this is how the world and people work.

I think that because you do not play the Mastercores it distances a little from the needs, improvements and difficulties that we find, this makes me believe that it makes you have a reality different from ours (without putting merit).

I have never felt offended and I hope I have not offended you, if I did, I'm sorry.

But I think your fear and your concern about making changes can end up causing you worse damage than doing things that do not work out or work out of something else. It seems even a purist view of the game, a caution exarcerbated in the end creates only an inertia that ends up pushing players away and discouraging. I can imagine how difficult it is, tiring and stressful to keep the Mastercores, and I believe in the love you have for it, and I share that feeling with you, I really like this game and I want to see it getting better and bigger.

My criticisms and opinions have only one goal that Mastercores thrive, and I think conflict and debate of ideas makes the game grow.

Thank you.

Last edited by Guilhermao El Pao on February 18th 2019, 22:08 CET
February 18th 2019, 22:06 CET
Templebringer

Taking advantage to give an opinion, why not make a vote to try to transfer Demera accs to Benera and open a new world br? It's very difficult to "reclaim" Demera the way she is. the top is lv180, we have basically achieved everything that has available, and the average of players is 50, and the record is almost 700. I find it very difficult to win new players and recover the volume of players on the server.

Last edited by Templebringer on February 18th 2019, 22:38 CET
February 18th 2019, 22:35 CET
Master Koxu

I remember when you said "I am planning to open hardcore pvp server in new year" I was sure that it must has been a real hardcore pvp so stages a bit higher than they are now to allow people fighting and having REAL HARDCORE PVP server even if it was for one month and reset after 2 

February 18th 2019, 23:04 CET
Marcus
Administrator

For anyone who believes I'm not playing MasterCores myself, that's incorrect, I do Play MasterCores.
I have multiple characters on various of worlds, in all vocations actually..

I'm not close to the top 20 in highscores, obviously due to time problem, but I am rather active anyhow, I even stream my playing sometimes.
The point is, I'm fully aware what kind of game it is and how it's going.

Also, just to point out, people would easily believe I do changes to favor me, because I want them.. that's not true.
Every change I do, is for the best interest of the community, believe me.
Because if I did everything I wanted to.. oh damn.. we'd have stackable runes and manas for sure.. and much other things that I'd like to have.. but that's not me.. I'm not doing charges because I personally would like to have them.
Every change, is only in the best interest of the community, never about my own wishes.

February 19th 2019, 14:26 CET
Overkill

New Concept: Seasons

Nowadays.... it is difficult to keep a server alive for a long period of time. Players have aged and have adult responsibilities.

I always wondered if maybe the answer was  "seasons". 

• The server would be a bit more "fast paced" .... Higher exp rate, higher skillrate, loot rate, buy runes from shop, etc. etc.
  • After some period of time, maybe 3 months or so, the server would "reset."  All levels and items lost. WIth some exceptions:
    • Some sort of compensation/reward is given to you to start the next season.  This is the key.  I am not sure what the compensation/reward should be, a random thought is it could to be something that makes the grinding worth it. Maybe mages keep 50% of their ML, and other classes keep 50% of their trained skills.
    • Possibly houses are preserved.  Perhaps rent is delayed by 2 weeks after a new season starts.
    • VIP list, all characters created, and hometowns would be preserved, and possibly other things would be preserved.
I would play it.

February 22nd 2019, 02:13 CET
Yrdy

By Overkill

New Concept: Seasons

Nowadays.... it is difficult to keep a server alive for a long period of time. Players have aged and have adult responsibilities.

I always wondered if maybe the answer was  "seasons". 

• The server would be a bit more "fast paced" .... Higher exp rate, higher skillrate, loot rate, buy runes from shop, etc. etc.
  • After some period of time, maybe 3 months or so, the server would "reset."  All levels and items lost. WIth some exceptions:
    • Some sort of compensation/reward is given to you to start the next season.  This is the key.  I am not sure what the compensation/reward should be, a random thought is it could to be something that makes the grinding worth it. Maybe mages keep 50% of their ML, and other classes keep 50% of their trained skills.
    • Possibly houses are preserved.  Perhaps rent is delayed by 2 weeks after a new season starts.
    • VIP list, all characters created, and hometowns would be preserved, and possibly other things would be preserved.
I would play it.

I dont like it. That would make Mastercores more similar to ORSHABUMBA OT which usually have dozens of editions. The thing I really appreciate in Mastercores is its aim for being longlasting one, free of resets, where the results of our in game dedication stays with us. 
Statements included in "Your account is safe here" tab on website were crucial reasons to start playing here. 

February 22nd 2019, 14:43 CET
Chuydeculiacan

I try the server in Benera before playing Huntera and i got amazed of how easy you can lvl in the early lvls thats good since i though it would be harder , though i dont think u really consider the economy of the game since being low lvl in a new server specially if ur a mage its kinda discouring that u have to have a hard time in the first lvls , since we like to get to lvls like 50-60 with some quiet among of money without doing alot (to buy spells - traveling - supplies - etc..) so ill like to propose to thinks that might help 
1) Make money task higher or atleast make some specific money task like rats - cave rats - snakes - scorpions - amazons with big bountys ) 2-5 k ea that would help in the beginning to have a little savings or..
2) Make a few money worth custom quest probably another time alike desert quest to make for lvl 15-20 or som kind of hard quest or some quests to make with a team , making the same quests its quiet boring so making a few more custom quest to get money for the beginners would help...

Anyways another propossal i would like to make its making an offer to streamers like punio - bubba to promote your server in your channel since with the recently "Huntera" server from U.S u can aim for "Hegal" https://www.twitch(.)tv/hegal_ to aim latin american players , since i see the conflict that people from south america will have lag its almost certain that most venezuelans , brazilians , and any other from that side of the country wont play this server and Canadians , Americans and Mexicans dont play the game that much u can find a problem to that latency problem using the method that "Iryont" for Medivia did in their servers dunno if u can ask him or contact him or investigate what he did but im from Mexico and i get 50-60 ping in theirs NA server (it means he cut in half the latency we had in their server) probably using a proxy? , i dont know about this stuff , anyways u seems like a serious hoster now ive following ur steps since the beginning when u put mid servers and know it looks like u know alot more of this coding stuff , i hope u find a solution to all this problems and u server get many ppl , anyways that my opinion also u should really reconsider making custom items for paladins , knights and stuff ppl get bored with the usual so adding new content will keep the game alive and prospering i always think that the problem with tibia rl its that they surprass the items that they got for high lvls u can always keep mpa , sca , sov , thunder hammer ( all those high lvl items) like the maximum option but adding new mid lvl items , or new stuff that might buff u killing som special kind of mobs like armors that give u +2 axe-sword-club ,more mana or any shit like that or weps that hit more to fire mobs or ice mobs might help ) also u can add for normal acc using the ship for free other cities like a route only between thais - venore - carlin and thats it for normal accounts - also i would like to know how the hell do i change my name in forums xD i wanna edit that shit and change it 
I hope i get an answer for u for all this options i gave , good day

Last edited by Chuydeculiacan on February 22nd 2019, 16:46 CET
February 22nd 2019, 16:13 CET
GM Laylee
Gamemaster

By Marcus

For anyone who believes I'm not playing MasterCores myself, that's incorrect, I do Play MasterCores.
I have multiple characters on various of worlds, in all vocations actually..

To further clarify, all staff members play the game on all of the worlds.  We play for the same reason anybody else does, enjoyment.  You could bump into one of our private characters and never know its one of us.  I play all vocations except paladin and am far from being in the highscores on any of my characters, I also play daily at least an hour a day, what can I say..  I love this game.   :) 

February 22nd 2019, 23:51 CET
Yrdy

By Chuydeculiacan
I try the server in Benera before playing Huntera and i got amazed of how easy you can lvl in the early lvls thats good since i though it would be harder , though i dont think u really consider the economy of the game since being low lvl in a new server specially if ur a mage its kinda discouring that u have to have a hard time in the first lvls , since we like to get to lvls like 50-60 with some quiet among of money without doing alot (to buy spells - traveling - supplies - etc..) so ill like to propose to thinks that might help 
1) Make money task higher or atleast make some specific money task like rats - cave rats - snakes - scorpions - amazons with big bountys ) 2-5 k ea that would help in the beginning to have a little savings or..
2) Make a few money worth custom quest probably another time alike desert quest to make for lvl 15-20 or som kind of hard quest or some quests to make with a team , making the same quests its quiet boring so making a few more custom quest to get money for the beginners would help...

True that low levels have hard times at the beginning with funds, increasing the gold bounties for most of low and mid levels task could ease their struggle and make them more encouraged.
Good idea.

February 23rd 2019, 12:33 CET
Tadzik

I found email with this information in my spam box , i using gmail so in my opinion you should fix this 

February 24th 2019, 05:06 CET
Chuydeculiacan

is there a way to clone money in the bank of mastercores? u should check that bug out , recently realesta got bugged with that shit i am worried about that happening here - someone was ddosing the server and depositing all the money in the bank 

February 25th 2019, 14:24 CET
Alphacentauri

game worth would be enable in PVP-E worlds?

Last edited by Alphacentauri on February 28th 2019, 02:01 CET
February 28th 2019, 01:59 CET
Mazza
Tutor

By Chuydeculiacan
is there a way to clone money in the bank of mastercores? u should check that bug out , recently realesta got bugged with that shit i am worried about that happening here - someone was ddosing the server and depositing all the money in the bank 
There was a bank bug in the first weeks of mastercores but it was quickly discovered and fixed by Marcus. Even if people find new exploits, once discovered any ill gotten gains will be deleted by Marcus and abusers possibly punished. 

February 28th 2019, 14:23 CET
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)