Demera's official statement
Thread in News started by Ralumbi, December 13th 2018, 09:09 CET
Page:
Ralumbi
Administrator

Greetings Mastercorians !

Demera have been facing a lot of issues in the past few weeks. We are feeling very sick about everything going on there.
We have been working very hard to give the Brazillian community the best of the best possible game experience.
Sadly the Brazillian hosting company's aren't stable enough to handle the toxic behavior of ddossers....

Demera will stay online and is being handled and solutions for the game world are being explored.
In the very worst case, we have an backup plan to move it to the USA.. (not the same location as Benera)
We do hope everything will be solved as soon as possible.

We feel you, we hear you, we stand by you !

Sincerely,
Ralumbi

Last edited by Ralumbi on December 13th 2018, 09:13 CET
December 13th 2018, 09:09 CET
Huckleberry

Great to hear you finally took a step forward.

But I must say you can't simple blame brazilian's company for what happened. CIP struggled 10 years to host a server here for a reason and you should have foreseen it.

I hope we can rebuild Demera from now on!

December 13th 2018, 11:26 CET
Ralumbi
Administrator

By Huckleberry
Great to hear you finally took a step forward.

But I must say you can't simple blame brazilian's company for what happened. CIP struggled 10 years to host a server here for a reason and you should have foreseen it.

I hope we can rebuild Demera from now on!
Hey Huckleberry,

We are not blaming the brazillian company's for the issues. As my message say's : Sadly the Brazillian hosting company's aren't stable enough to handle the toxic behavior of ddossers...
Which pratically means that we are most likely going to be forced to host our world Demera to another host which can handle the ddos.
The main reason why they can't handle it is most likely the internet connection in Brazil it self.

We do hope that the internet issue within Brazil will be resolved. They have good company's to host as we have experienced within the first month and half.
They are just not too well equiped as OVH is for example to handle these kind of ddos attacks.

Thankyou for your message and I hope this helps it more to an understanding of what is going on.

Sincerely,
Ralumbi

December 13th 2018, 11:32 CET
Mmuuzuin

I've lost count of how many days I could not play because of the lag.

Double exp? 5 day premium for free? :/

December 13th 2018, 11:39 CET
Eduardo Peruzi

Ralumbi, greetings!
I believe that the only datacenter capable of filtering DDoS in Brazil is Microsoft Azure.
I have already commented on this in some other related posts, there you will not have problems with the attacks, it is worth researching.

December 13th 2018, 12:04 CET
Izzys

why dont merge Demera with benera? many people to play

December 13th 2018, 12:31 CET
Maninhos

What about compensations for those that died during kicks and the death protection system didnt work? I myself lost over 600k in bless+aol and xp and skills

December 13th 2018, 12:57 CET
Feanor

what host are you guys using?

why don't you try something from a big corporation like amazon webservices ? they offer hosts here in São Paulo.

I doubt their infrastructure isn't capable of properly handling DDoS attacks.

I heard that's what CIPSOFT uses to host their South American servers (they have 15 south american servers currently running)

Last edited by Feanor on December 13th 2018, 14:02 CET
December 13th 2018, 13:59 CET
Annubiz

God save MasterCores :(, best server :/

December 13th 2018, 14:05 CET
Timetralha

U should apply the update in Demera, taking advantage the down server. ;)

December 13th 2018, 14:45 CET
Mestre Kame

After so much shit on server kills per server dropping bed bug from house kikes and you guys are coming 
to apologize and nothing to reward your players who spent a lot of money on you guys I only have one thing to talk
 about (you deserve to fail just thinking about you and not benefit those players who suffered and lost time)

December 13th 2018, 14:45 CET
Draviel
Tutor

/\ sadly to see someone thinking on his own belly. Hadnt you seen all the efforts from the staff to solve this problem? lol

December 13th 2018, 15:27 CET
Ralumbi
Administrator

By Mestre Kame
After so much shit on server kills per server dropping bed bug from house kikes and you guys are coming 
to apologize and nothing to reward your players who spent a lot of money on you guys I only have one thing to talk
 about (you deserve to fail just thinking about you and not benefit those players who suffered and lost time)
Compensation will come once things are solved.
We cannot compesate for things to come. We are very sorry you're upset.
But we did not choose have the server kicks or being a target of ddos attacks.
Try to put yourself for once in our positon and reconsider and think about it for a while. We provide this server for FREE....

Sincerely,
Ralumbi

December 13th 2018, 15:28 CET
Saintt

By Ralumbi
Compensation will come once things are solved.
We cannot compesate for things to come. We are very sorry you're upset.
But we did not choose have the server kicks or being a target of ddos attacks.
Try to put yourself for once in our positon and reconsider and think about it for a while. We provide this server for FREE....

Sincerely,
Ralumbi

So we keep dying, loosing money, exp and skills with only faith in some compensation? What will be this compensation?

Premmy days will not compensate the hours we lose training to get skills and not compensate the money we lose too buying aols and blesses.
I oppened a ticket and got almost the same answer that nothing can be done and some compensation can come in the future.
Being honest, this don't keep us motivated because premmy days is nothing compared to the hours we lose, and this is why many players are migrating to Nostalrius.
The death protection is useless, because how many players can survive 5 or 7sec in the middle of a resp to the system work? We pallys and mages dies in few hits on high level hunts. Other OTs have system far more safe, like system that prevent the damage by healing the character.
Well... So sad to say that, but this server is dead. We have no answers from Marcus and when anyone of the administration answer us, is to say "keep calm, we will think about something", but this is nothing. We need to be secure that all the hours we lose dying will be compensated, not only with premmy days.

December 13th 2018, 15:44 CET
Jurassik

By Mestre Kame

i'm realy trying to understand what happens with a ppl like that, you know that the demera server are under DDOS atks and you know, ping spikes, shutdowns will come over time and you try to hunt or something like that, the result is inevitable, deaths and lots, why do you dont the same as 99,9% of players, just stay safe running or training?

December 13th 2018, 15:50 CET
Saintt

By Jurassik

i'm realy trying to understand what happens with a ppl like that, you know that the demera server are under DDOS atks and you know, ping spikes, shutdowns will come over time and you try to hunt or something like that, the result is inevitable, deaths and lots, why do you dont the same as 99,9% of players, just stay safe running or training?

That is not entirely true. Like i said on other post i died on a day that the server was stable all day, so i decided to hunt at night and from nowhere we suffered with the spike and kick. What we will do? When we will know that we can hunt? The server was recently migrated, we need to still it go to another host? This is non-sense. Ok, like today and yesterday the server was kicking everytime all day, but the instability come in days that everything looks fine too

December 13th 2018, 16:00 CET
Dornzera

Host the server in the South of the North America. Do it fast because we wanna play stable! South of North America have ping about 100-120, thats an acceptable ping to play. Just do something fast guys, we are so tyred of all of this

December 13th 2018, 17:19 CET
Winkipop

Hey fellas, we appreciate your efforts to solve this. A friend of mine who works with networks and servers told me about this 'Symantec Endpoint Protection', maybe it is worth checking out. I've also seen many friends of mine suggesting different brazilian companies for u guys to try out and I am just wondering if u guys listened to these suggestions.

Kind regards,

December 13th 2018, 18:20 CET
Hixer

Im sure Marcus is doing what he can to find the best possible solution. At least Mastercores staff is clearly responding to these issues.

I hope its fixed without moving the server to North America but if its not viable, just move it ASAP even if just as a temporary fix.
And if going to move to NA, better just merge with the NA server you guys already have (to compensate ppl who stoped playing).

Better play safe and nice with 120 ms than being unable to play due lots of kicks and freezes with 20 ms.

Last edited by Hixer on December 13th 2018, 20:09 CET
December 13th 2018, 20:06 CET
Mestre Kame

I died when I was sleeping in my house I lost practically 2 lv skill and ml of a lv 85 pally that is not at all easy to get I took print it all and the maximum that the shit team said was (we apologize and we can not do anything

December 13th 2018, 20:49 CET
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)