Poll discussion -Like the buyable runes?
Thread in Suggestions started by Marcus, May 6th 2019, 09:24 CEST
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

In this thread, only the subject of the thread may be discussed, any offtopic will be deleted.
We will discuss the subject, come up with a few solutions and then finally we will do a poll on the solutions.

Subject of this thread:
Runes buyable from NPCs (Example NPCs: Xodet)

The poll of this ended with 74 votes on that they weren't happy with them (54.0%), against 60 votes (43.8%).
Poll: https://mastercores.com/?subtopic=news&view=polls&poll=20.

So now I'd like us to discuss these runes in shops, how would you like it to change to be happy with it?
And please stay on topic!

May 6th 2019, 09:24 CEST
Yrdy

Increase price for 50%

May 6th 2019, 10:01 CEST
Videna

By Yrdy
Increase price for 50%

Agreed.

May 6th 2019, 10:46 CEST
Guugzn

Increased price with 50% wont do anything, people can afford 10k each bp sd if they really wants to. Funny thing about this is that they still can hunt profitable with those sds, and they're infinite..
Prices for runes in shop should be really high, cus im telling you. If a higher level player wants to exp, he buys his runes in shop and go exp.. He wont try find runes in trade before that hunt.

May 6th 2019, 10:48 CEST
Paladinu

increase A LOT the price, or remove.

i've already bought 8k/bp on an emergency situation, and on that situation, would pay 10-12k/bp if needed

runes in shop should be for emergency(in my opinion), if you are not in a hurry, log your 3 mcs and make it your own.

May 6th 2019, 11:10 CEST
Faberche

By Paladinu
increase A LOT the price, or remove.

i've already bought 8k/bp on an emergency situation, and on that situation, would pay 10-12k/bp if needed

runes in shop should be for emergency(in my opinion), if you are not in a hurry, log your 3 mcs and make it your own.

Exactly, agreed with Paladinu

May 6th 2019, 11:24 CEST
Paszulewic

Increase price for ~%

May 6th 2019, 11:33 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Guugzn
Increased price with 50% wont do anything, people can afford 10k each bp sd if they really wants to. Funny thing about this is that they still can hunt profitable with those sds, and they're infinite..
Prices for runes in shop should be really high, cus im telling you. If a higher level player wants to exp, he buys his runes in shop and go exp.. He wont try find runes in trade before that hunt.

Don't be so narrow on the reasons, don't only think about higher levels, what about the lower ones?
And people who barely have time to play, should be able to without having to rely others to sell runes for them, which is a problem in lower populated worlds.

May 6th 2019, 12:01 CEST
Geared

I can understand the mixed emotions on here with regards to the runes being able to be bought from an NPC and their prices.

As an inhabitant on Fidia, which typically has less than 20 players online - unless i have the time to mana sit for hours and make my runes to hunt there is a very small possibility i'll have someone to buy bps of runes from other players as most of the 20 people online are peoples makers to make runes for themselves. 

This can be a deterant for new players, and therefor the chance of having 50+ people online is almost impossible. This has a negative flow on effect as the world will never or highly unlikely be able to assemble teams to do POI for example.

My suggestion would be if needed increase the cost of runes based on what it would have cost in the old version of Mastercores to make them with mana fluids. For example a BP of SD (20x) would cost roughly 8.5-9k making it with mana fluids (i think, could be wrong). Amend the prices to reflect this.

Just my 2 cents, for what its worth i'm happy with the update - all of it.

May 6th 2019, 12:09 CEST
Sigurt

By Yrdy
Increase price for 50%

agree.. 

runes in shop need a very high price

so everyone think twice befor get it from npc

Last edited by Sigurt on May 6th 2019, 12:58 CEST
May 6th 2019, 12:56 CEST
Sigurd

I like the ability to buy runes in shop, but I agree that the prices should be higher.

I agree on the suggestion Geared has over me here. Lets say its costs 10k to make 20 sds (Might me more, might be less) with the old mana fluids. I think therefor the price should be 50% higher than the price it is for runes made with these old manas.
It should NEVER be better to buy runes than make them with manas.

As for the new players, as Marcus is mentioning, i think it can be a good idea to maybe not have this price on hmms for example, make hmms cheaper than the formula stated above. HMMs arent that great of a rune. YES, its good for paladins in frost dragons etc, but the damage they do doesnt change the gameplay alot, even tho someone will have infinite amount of hmms.

These are my thoughts, and, for those who might disagree with me, im on non-pvp, so i can't talk about pvp/war, I'll let the pvpers come with suggestions on that.

-Putti

May 6th 2019, 12:59 CEST
Vezin

Runes absolutely need to be buyable in shop.

Raise the prices if needed, but please don't remove them. I literally don't have the time or want of sitting for hours making runes. I'm not a child anymore with no responsibilities.

Before the update, I'd rarely ever buy runes because nobody sells them, and the few that would spam advertising with 100+ bps would be selling them for rl $ usd.

This update is perfect imo.

May 6th 2019, 13:25 CEST
Lunatone

Stackable Runes & Fluids

For every 20 object you need a new backpack, which is 18.0 oz. I would add, 0,9 oz?, to all runes and fluids.

Last edited by Lunatone on May 6th 2019, 13:43 CEST
May 6th 2019, 13:34 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Lunatone
Stackable Runes & Fluids

For every 20 object you need a new backpack, which is 18.0 oz. I would add, 0,9 oz?, to all runes and fluids - otherwise Knights will gain a shit load of extra cap.

backpack weight is already calculated in to runes weight on all runes.. 20 sd = 42 oz.. 100 Hmms = 42 oz...
and that's not what the subject is about, please stay on topic.

May 6th 2019, 13:38 CEST
Lunatone

By Marcus

backpack weight is already calculated in to runes weight on all runes.. 20 sd = 42 oz.. 100 Hmms = 42 oz...
and that's not what the subject is about, please stay on topic.

Okay, I didn't know.

I think runes buyable from NPCs is a good thing, however it creates serveral problems. I have a possible solution, I'll come back after lunch.

May 6th 2019, 13:49 CEST
Draviel
Tutor

By Marcus

Don't be so narrow on the reasons, don't only think about higher levels, what about the lower ones?
And people who barely have time to play, should be able to without having to rely others to sell runes for them, which is a problem in lower populated worlds.

Greetings Marcus. Once more, thanks for your patience to review everything.
Said that, lets focus.  You cant balance the shop thinking on lower level players. They've come to play 7.4 and they lnow how things work. Also, the community on low pop worlds can help them to develop themselves easilt in the game (we've helped a lot of players in benera with runes/gold/equips)
So, dont forget the essence of 7.4, to make things yourself/with your friends/guild. Rune prices should be doubled. Its for emergency and a way to remove gold from The server, not a self-sustained form of hunting/pking.

May 6th 2019, 14:36 CEST
Draviel
Tutor

Obs: we cant forget that the amount of runes avaible in the world can cap people from powerleveling and make the market/gameplay more competitive. Also, it makes team hunting more viable, as you can hunt only with mfs in 4x/3x/2x party

May 6th 2019, 14:38 CEST
Lunatone

I thought about it and it's really darn tricky to balance a game when there's no max level limit, which messes up most of my ideas. 

• Obviously we could try to balance this by changing the price of the runes. But we can't escape the fact that there are players with insane amount of money who will simply abuse this feature. This would massively buff those players who are online all the time and have a lot of money. They will powerlevel and once high level is reached, money is not very difficult to come by. 
  • Another idea would be to set a limit of how many runes a player can buy, but that will just end with players transfering money between many characters and/or accounts.
  • Adding runes to the shop would also mess with PvP and its balance.
Compare this to knowledge in real world, which anyone could come by - but it requires time and sometimes hard work. Imagine if some God would create a shop that sold knowledge that could be gained instantly; it would be great, but it would only benefit those who can afford it and there are people in this world that are unrealistic rich.

Back to MasterCores. So, how do we add runes to the shop without messing with the balance between;

HighOnlineTime vs LowOnlineTime

HighLevels vs LowLevels

Rich vs Poor

One of the ideas I came up with is to make two type of runes; normal and custom.

Normal runes:

• can be used at all levels.
  • can be used in PvP.
  • can be conjured.
  • not available in shop.

Custom runes:

Sprites of runes from before Update 7.2. It seems like some NPCs forgot to replace those runes. Now they are for sale to players.

• only usable between level 8 and X.
  • only available in shop.
  • cheap; costs 50% of normal runes.
  • can't be used in PvP.
  • can't be conjured.

Pros:
  • Players who are not online often can get their runes from the shop.
  • Players not online often are more likely to be poor; they can afford the runes.
  • Players not online often are more likely to be low level; they can use the runes.
  • There will be a market? Players can sell 1 bp normal GFB to high levels, use the money to buy 2 bps custom GFB.
  • Easier to level; decreasing the rift between low and high levels.
  • The only way custom runes will effect the PvP is that more pplayers will be higher level.
  • Players above level X will still have to create or buy runes. So they can't abuse runes in shop feature, making level 200 still time consuming task.

Cons:
  • The essence of 7.4, spending a ton of online time to create runes, will be gone.
  • ?
Players above level X may do 0 dmg with custom runes, 50% less damage, random 0-50% or random 0-100% damage.

Last edited by Lunatone on May 6th 2019, 15:57 CEST
May 6th 2019, 15:38 CEST
Maninhos
Tutor

I think the problem is the new spawns. You could raise price to 10k/Bp Sd for example, and i would still profit at magicians, while getting 50% more xp i used to have on the serious version of this ot. Even 15k/bp i could go on hunting forever. Im my opinion gameplay is just too easy, if it were pre-update I would say ok to runes on npc, just with a increase in price, at least to mf cost to make them

May 6th 2019, 16:24 CEST
Tai Dragon

By Yrdy
Aumentar preço para 50%

Very Good!

May 6th 2019, 16:51 CEST
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)