Poll discussion -Like the additional mana fluids?
Thread in Suggestions started by Marcus, May 6th 2019, 09:18 CEST
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

In this thread, only the subject of the thread may be discussed, any offtopic will be deleted.
We will discuss the subject, come up with a few solutions and then finally we will do a poll on the solutions.

Subject of this thread:
 Additional mana fluids (strong, great, ultimate)

NOTICE: This thread is not about the normal mana fluids.
But ONLY for the "additional" ones.

The poll of this ended with 78 votes on that they weren't happy with them (61.9%), against 46 votes (36.5%).
Poll: https://mastercores.com/?subtopic=news&view=polls&poll=17.

So now I'd like us to discuss these mana fluids, how would you like it to change to be happy with it?
And please stay on topic!

May 6th 2019, 09:18 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

I had to delet a lot of replies..

Please discuss it as normal people, try to be specific about pros/cons.
"delete" is not a way to discuss.

May 6th 2019, 11:58 CEST
Yrdy

Cons: It makes things a bit too easy. Less challenging. 

May 6th 2019, 12:31 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Yrdy
Cons: It makes things a bit too easy. Less challenging. 

Could you please be a little more specific?

• what do you want?
  • Why do you want it?
  • What you think pro/cons are?
I want as much details as possible so I can understand the person discussing it and help me make better "solutions" that can be polled about

May 6th 2019, 12:40 CEST
Sigurd

I agree with Yrdy. These makes the game too easy.

Pvp:
- Mages can spam ue/mort hur while using these strong manas, its hard to survive those combos for sure, even with ssa's. 

In general:
- I think these fluids makes it too easy to hunt all the strongest new monsters. Even tho the prices for them are really high, i think it takes the challenge out of the game, both pvp-wise and pve-wise
- These manas makes it a lot easier for eks to do exorispam in both hunts and pvp, making them insanely strong.

An idea for change:
- Make only mages use the best mana fluids, and in the same time, raise the prices of them. If they were to exist in Mastercores, i think you should make it 100 % waste if used, that way its restricted in how much they are used.

May 6th 2019, 12:52 CEST
Lunatone

New manafluids would have less impact, in PvP and PvE, if the mana gained was over a certain time rather than instantly.

Lets say if ultimate mana potion gave 300 mana over 10 seconds (30 mana/s) instead of 300 mana instantly.

• A lot harder to abuse in PvP, compared to potions that give instant mana.
  • The richest mages can't spam this potion every second to advance in magic level, because it wont stack.
Pos/Con?
  • Mages with Soft, RoH, UHP and regular manafluids will be able to hunt more with spells.
  • Knights might become even stronger.

May 6th 2019, 13:25 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Lunatone

New manafluids would have less impact, in PvP and PvE, if the mana gained was over a certain time rather than instantly.

Lets say if ultimate mana potion gave 300 mana over 10 seconds (30 mana/s) instead of 300 mana instantly.

• A lot harder to abuse in PvP, compared to potions that give instant mana.
  • The richest mages can't spam this potion every second to advance in magic level, because it wont stack.
Pos/Con?
  • Mages with Soft, RoH, UHP and regular manafluids will be able to hunt more with spells.
  • Knights might become even stronger.

Mana over time actually sounded pretty interesting

May 6th 2019, 13:28 CEST
Lunatone

By Marcus

Mana over time actually sounded pretty interesting

You could actually balance a mana fluid giving 1000 mana over a certain time. 

Or continue expanding the idea; giving x% of total mana over y time.

May 6th 2019, 13:37 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

thanks to @Lunatone I got this idea, which I believe is a very cool.

Imagine this,
switch the normal manas back to their 7.4 state (45 mana, 100gp) as "instant mana".
While the strong/great/ultimate mana gives same mana, for same price as they do now.. however they do it over 1 minute.

So for example strong mana fluid, which now gives 125 mana for 115gp.. would work like:
You use the mana, and from that moment you get 2 mana/second for a minute (120 mana in total).

And the ultimate, would with it's 225 mana, give 7 mana every 2 seconds (210 mana in total).

Just an idea, but I like the concept, does anyone else?

May 6th 2019, 13:54 CEST
Draviel
Tutor

Greetings to everyone. 
Lunatone, you always have good ideas and that one doesnt stay behind.
that would make mastercores unique in that playstile.
to me, it would be best if The normal mana goes back as it was before The update. Then, making those big mana healing per second would be great. But PLEASE, dont let knights use it

Also, I would like to point that Vermin made a detailed post explaining why mana fluids couldnt be changed, but for some reason I cant find the post anymore 

Last edited by Marcus on May 6th 2019, 14:22 CEST
May 6th 2019, 14:15 CEST
Kaine

Mana over time, that's a surprising idea didn't see that coming. I think it would be pretty cool since everyone already enjoys the RoH and Softs boost, this would make it even better, and not have such an impact by giving an immediate boost of mana.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep the smaller pots at the 90mana/50gp mainly because it somewhat offsets the previous change to exori needing 150mana which would be 3 normal pots at old rate, or 2 at new rate makes a huge difference in the way I hunt :)

May 6th 2019, 14:56 CEST
Balzakvinder

To be real honest Marcus, 90% of the players came here to play on your server because we love the old 7.4, now that this is quite gone, im pretty sure the most players will just stop. If i speak for my self and my entire guild on Azera, we will all stop (10 players). I just do not understand why you had to change so much in once. If I were you, just remove all the potion stuff, the spells, to be able to stack and buy runes. Only the new area's, quests, monsters, items and outfits are good enough, gives us new energy to play! Now you just removed all that energy, because every one in the old days stopped playing once these bloody potions came.

To react on this post, remove the additional mana fluids! Gives mages to much power and can load to much mana in once. Also knights being able to use them makes no sence, way to much power to just exori true everything. Again, people are here for the old feeling of 7.4, witch is using runes! NOT the potions.

May 6th 2019, 16:22 CEST
Despasito

We do have items for that; they are called Ring of Healing, Life ring, Soft Boot.

Please just remove these fluids.

May 6th 2019, 16:23 CEST
Despasito

By Marcus

thanks to @Lunatone I got this idea, which I believe is a very cool.

Imagine this,
switch the normal manas back to their 7.4 state (45 mana, 100gp) as "instant mana".
While the strong/great/ultimate mana gives same mana, for same price as they do now.. however they do it over 1 minute.

So for example strong mana fluid, which now gives 125 mana for 115gp.. would work like:
You use the mana, and from that moment you get 2 mana/second for a minute (120 mana in total).

And the ultimate, would with it's 225 mana, give 7 mana every 2 seconds (210 mana in total).

Just an idea, but I like the concept, does anyone else?

We do have items for that; they are called Ring of Healing, Life ring, Soft Boot.

Please just remove these fluids.

I didnt want to rep++ your comment btw. Sorry for missclick

Last edited by Despasito on May 6th 2019, 16:26 CEST
May 6th 2019, 16:25 CEST
Tai Dragon

I am also totally against these strong mana potions ... Magicians are already very strong. Another reason is that this would take away the taste of nostalgia 7.4.

May 6th 2019, 17:01 CEST
Maninhos
Tutor

New manas take away pvp. No sense in shooting sd now, because you can just soam wave/ue and even if you land every sd they fill mana faster. Breaks pve, as you ms can just wave/ue everything even single creatures, as it is cheaper than shooting sd. Eks can go around spamming exori, and with new health fluid makes them op.

New content is fine in unserious server as darkot, but its complety against what you advertised mastercores to be, a serious 7.4 server. 

May 6th 2019, 17:38 CEST
Hasorko

Honestly, with these mana pots, I am afraid of my own teammate MS. That nuts gonna kill me every hunt, ewaving like a maniac. Not to mention actual pvp. Mana Shield for days and the UE combos O.o... We can maybe work something out with the small mana pots and the mana over time idea is a good start. But flat mana in this amount is just dangerous. We can achieve a more mana based hunting style, by making smaller manas slightly lighter and stackable, so mages can bring enough for the full hunt. But there must be a cap on mana per action. This is just too exploitable for too little money sink. Anything getting close to continously ewaving on every pull/ UE every 4th turn is quite scary.

PLEASE ADD DISCUSSION THREADS ABOUT THE PROBLEMS YOU WISH TO SOLVE RATHER THAN DISCUSSING HOW TO IMPROVE SOLUTIONS THAT DONT FIX THOSE PROBLEMS.

May 6th 2019, 18:16 CEST
Cristobal

I think there manas are really not necesary. These kinds of manas are too far from 7.4 and make the things like "wtf are doing these mana pots here". Simply they dont belong here and I personally dont like them.

May 6th 2019, 20:58 CEST
Realnigga

Theres no way a knight should be able to use a ultimate mana potion. But now i come to mastercores for only.pvp and its very easy to solo people now. Keep them its funny 

May 7th 2019, 03:57 CEST
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)