A lot of heat about the update
Thread in News started by Marcus, May 5th 2019, 11:14 CEST
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

There's been a lot of mixed emotions about the summer update, however some have been hating on it pretty harshly, without being specific on why.

So we've made a few polls to gather the information of what people think about various parts of the update.

Go and vote for your opinion!
https://mastercores.com/?subtopic=news&view=polls.

Sincerely,
Marcus

Edit:
Notice that you can only cast 1 vote per poll, per account and ip address.
So you can't vote multiple times from same household even if you have multiple accounts.

Edit 2:
The things players are not satisfied with (from the current polls) will be discussed how to solve the issues and make it acceptable.
From there we'll host a new poll with different solutions and let the community decide which path to go.

Edit 3:
The polls has ended and it was 4 polls that shopwed majority wasn't happy with, which is why we now open a discussion about these 4 polls to collect possible solutions to make everyone as happy as possible.
Please take a moment to enter your input to the discussions, it's important for us!

Once we have a few solutions for each problem, we will make a final poll which solution works best for everyone.

Edit 4:
We have made new polls on the subject with a few solutions.
Go and vote for your opinion!
https://mastercores.com/?subtopic=news&view=polls.

Last edited by Marcus on May 6th 2019, 20:05 CEST
May 5th 2019, 11:14 CEST
Kurw

Some people who hate the update don't understand that in order to run a successful business u need to change and take risks. The update surprised even me a new player - But Mostly in a very positive way! 
Also thanks to new implementations you will have more active players online - FACT! Which is great. So in summary. Great and Inevitable update.

p.s If u hate this update because this is not tibia 7.4 as u remember...I have a solution for YOU :)

DOWNLOAD TIBIA 7.4 DEDICATED SERVER ON YOUR COMPUTER AND PLAY SOLO OFFLINE!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kind regards ;]
Millionz

May 5th 2019, 11:52 CEST
Oliverqueen
Tutor

By Kurw
Some people who hate the update don't understand that in order to run a successful business u need to change and take risks. The update surprised even me a new player - But Mostly in a very positive way! 
Also thanks to new implementations you will have more active players online - FACT! Which is great. So in summary. Great and Inevitable update.

p.s If u hate this update because this is not tibia 7.4 as u remember...I have a solution for YOU :)

DOWNLOAD TIBIA 7.4 DEDICATED SERVER ON YOUR COMPUTER AND PLAY SOLO OFFLINE!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kind regards ;]
Millionz

More active players? So this is the reason ever since update population of Mastercores went 50% down? =)

May 5th 2019, 12:13 CEST
Draviel
Tutor

By Kurw

Kind regards ;]
Millionz

wow “clap clap”

May 5th 2019, 12:23 CEST
Lunatone

By Kurw

Kind regards ;]
Millionz

Taking risks, however, does not mean doing it blindly and randomly and then expecting great results.

Turn those polls into threads instead on the forum and you'll more valuable information from your customers to include in your calculations.

Last edited by Lunatone on May 6th 2019, 15:45 CEST
May 5th 2019, 12:41 CEST
Baisdo

I guess this polls does exactly what it is meant to do. It shows how many players are able to swallow this and keep playing, to see if the losses are acceptable or if a rollback is required.

I just hope the people who already left will come back and vote.

I gotto admit it's hard to stay motivated to keep jumping hoops to hopefully play the server I was advertised, when the first thing you see when you log on are random pking tutors and other tutors lose their positions for having an opinion.

May 5th 2019, 12:55 CEST
Faberche

By Kurw

Kind regards ;]
Millionz

I have also solution for You, we are here longer than You and mostly because of 7.4 aspects. Why do not You go for solo server instead of trying convince us that things from New tibia inplemented here are good? If I would like darkot I would play darkot for fuc sake

May 5th 2019, 14:42 CEST
Faberche

By Baisdo

I guess this polls does exactly what it is meant to do. It shows how many players are able to swallow this and keep playing, to see if the losses are acceptable or if a rollback is required.

I just hope the people who already left will come back and vote.

I gotto admit it's hard to stay motivated to keep jumping hoops to hopefully play the server I was advertised, when the first thing you see when you log on are random pking tutors and other tutors lose their positions for having an opinion.

There never Will be any rollback, You Kids really need to understand it

May 5th 2019, 14:44 CEST
Gurz

Of course some of these updates are stupid as hell (just few like the potions ones and bolts sellable and runes sellable)
But hey the major update to get your players back is a BR server.
And thats a FACT.
And you might say medivia doesn't have br server and bla bla. Thats because they didn't gave us hope from the start and you did, soo thats why br ppl even play medivia with 300 ping, since they know medivia wont open a br server. But here... they rushed, they smiled, they laughed, they did soo many things in a 0-10 ping to you crush all their dreams and pufff a 150-300 ping servers, of course no one will play.

May 5th 2019, 16:00 CEST
Cristobal

Runes and Bolts sellables on npc were not necessary, same as new life or heal potions, but new mana fluids are very good to make hunts longer and funnier, but only the little one pots. The big ones like strong or great were not necessary either.
Stackable runes and fluids really I dont care about this, and all the other things like new resp, new items, etc., in my point of view are ok. Not good at all. Not bad at all, but ok.

May 5th 2019, 19:52 CEST
Yrdy

Really sensible idea ^^

May 5th 2019, 20:38 CEST
Survivor

Great update ! im back in MS

May 5th 2019, 22:08 CEST
Huckleberry

I think Mastercores was meant to be a 7.4-like server with nostalgia and only a few improvements to keep players interested.

What you did here is absolutely killing the 7.4 feelings. I think most people can tolerate new quests, items, addons, tasks which turns the game funnier since after level 100 there isn't much to do.

But stackable runes, crazy orshabumba mana fluids and life fluids simply doesn't belong here. Even the buyable ammunition and new melee formula will interfere greatly in the game balance.

Wands/rods also break the nostalgia. Mages are really OP after some point, so a slower progression is expected throughout the game.

We already have Darkot with all of that. You just killed what your server promised to be.

May 5th 2019, 23:19 CEST
Guugzn

By Huckleberry
I think Mastercores was meant to be a 7.4-like server with nostalgia and only a few improvements to keep players interested.

What you did here is absolutely killing the 7.4 feelings. I think most people can tolerate new quests, items, addons, tasks which turns the game funnier since after level 100 there isn't much to do.

But stackable runes, crazy orshabumba mana fluids and life fluids simply doesn't belong here. Even the buyable ammunition and new melee formula will interfere greatly in the game balance.

Wands/rods also break the nostalgia. Mages are really OP after some point, so a slower progression is expected throughout the game.

We already have Darkot with all of that. You just killed what your server promised to be.

You took the words out of my mouth there, totally agree.
The weirdest thing for me is the players who actually thinks this is a good idea, since we all started mastercores for the 7.4 feeling. It's supposed to be hard, it's supposed to take time.
Like you said, we already have darkot for this. 
It's not right to adjust a 7.4 nostalgia ot after the players with less time to play than others. Ofcourse we want the players to stay here, but you need to keep the 7.4 nostalgia or you'll lose even more players and what mastercores was said to be.

Content, quests, items, addons etc is great, just these parts make players to stay longer. 

And about the polls, i dont think those are fair at all since most of the players that didnt like the update probably isnt even voting. But those who liked it is still playing and most likely following the update and polls.

May 8th 2019, 10:46 CEST
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)