Summer Update 2019
Thread in News started by Marcus, May 4th 2019, 11:58 CEST
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

Introduction
This summer update was created with focus on making the game more enjoyable for both old and new players.
To make the game a bit easier to play for people who don't have much time to play, and to give higher levels more things to have fun with.

Wands & Rods

Introducing wands and rods will make mages more balanced towards knights and paladins, as they will be able to leave Rookgaard and start hunting without having to be forced to manasit for hours first.
This also offers people ability to login and explore or hunt once in a while without having to worry they need to spend hours gathering supplies.
Along with that, mages using wands/rods will have a little extra damage output, and also make the game a little more interesting and fun.

Changed damage formulas for knights/paladins

As mages got a little damage treat, knights and paladins will also be getting their share with new formulas that will give you a little more power to your skills and weapon of choice.

Buyable Runes

With the ability to buy runes from shop, it will make the game more easy and enjoyable as players will not have to rely on others to create their supplies.
However, the ability to make sit and make runes to make some extra money is still there, as the ability to look for player made runes for little cheaper than shop prices.

Stackable Runes & Fluids

Having stackable runes and fluids make the game not only easier to play, but a lot mroe enjoyable.
Especially when you reach higher level and might be running around with multiple backpack of different runes and fluids.
Including those who carries around a few backpacks of "good to have" runes, like magic walls, destroy fields, and more.. which now could be squeezed into a single backpack.

Stronger Mana Fluids

By increasing the gain of mana fluids and lower the prices, we promote a more mana-based hunting style which will give additional variety to how you can play and enjoy MasterCores.

With standard manas that gives AVG 90 manas per fluid for 50 gold, it will make more players to start using mana fluids for their hunting sessions.
To be able to keep runes mana cost at our beloved classical costs, a limit had to be made, which will make whenever you use mana fluids, you can only use a conjure spell once every 30 seconds, for a 5 minutes period.
For those who wish to use conjure spells with manas, they can use old mana fluid which applies more to the classic view of mana gained and price per fluid.

Additional Mana Fluids

With a few extra types of manas, it offers even more variety to MasterCores, that you can if you wish to waste money on it, buy more powerful manas that can fill you quicker.
However stronger mana fluids are a lot more expensive.
The normal mana that gives 90 mana, costs 50 gold.
strong mana gives 125 mana for 115 gold.
great mana gives 175 mana for 265 gold.
and ultimate mana gives 225 mana for 610 gold.
And as you can see, comparing ultimate mana with normal mana fluid, you'll be paying 5 times as much for each mana point.
This will make people try avoiding those manas unless they have extra cash to burn for it.
At the same time, they give extra variety to the game and at same time work as a cash-sink to clear out some of the riches in MasterCores to keep the economic in place.

Additional Life Fluids

In addition to the mana fluids, there will be 4 different kind of life fluids.
which will be life fluid, strong life fluid, great life fluid and ultimate.
These fluids follow same price index as mana fluids (50, 115, 265, 610 gold).
Life fluids increase in strength the higher level you are, which means you get more and more health by them the more levels you receive.
the weaker ones, are great for lower level knights and paladins, as they're cheaper than UH runes, however the weaker life fluids can never outheal an UH.
For higher levels, great and ultimate life fluid can outheal UH runes, but they're quite more expensive to use, which similar to manas, give people options, but price keep people from using them all the time and at same time working as an additional cash-sink to stimulate the games economics to not go out of hands.

New Creatures

New Areas

New High level quests

New Spells

New Items
(not all new items are in this image)

Renewed Fibula which include depot

Other Changes

May 4th 2019, 11:58 CEST
Layzy

when is this starting?

May 4th 2019, 13:36 CEST
Paladinu

seems like the rage is way bigger than the hype.

May 4th 2019, 15:03 CEST
Oliverqueen
Tutor

way too late with that update

May 4th 2019, 15:21 CEST
Hasorko

First off what Ive seen from the new areas seemed really well made. Lots of time was put into this I think. Really happy about it :). As for the game mechanical changes, which are discussed so vividly, I must admit there is a point. Wouldnt it have been better to roll these changes out bit by bit. Not necessarily in a summer update cycle but just a bit to get adjusted and see the effect? Cip took a lot of time to make these changes (its not like it took them years to have the idea). But the balancing is just sooooo hard to make right. There are just so many things coming together.

I.e. my knight on Frosts. Last night I hunted Frosts with UH and Hmms. Low Waste, Good Exp (~380k/hr), Varying Profit over pretty decent profit though. 

Now I instead hunt exori style only. 5k gold for 100 manas which give 9k mana thats 60 Exori which is roughly 16k dmg per monster hit. I do 2-4 dragon pulls on avg maybe 2.5 dragons hit. Assuming an avg 300 heal ea Frost I will kill 19 Frosts with that dmg. 19 Frosts will already with gems and golden mugs finance my waste completely. But on top I get the rare items and now even the rods on top which are another 5k. I would say I atleast make the same amount in profit as I spend in manas/ Uh atm (and that on a prior very unprofitable creature). I also almost doubled my exp/hr. My magic lvl is exploding (which to be fair was shit before). Also my hunt got a lot faster and required a lot more attention. While this makes it more exciting for some, it can also quickly become a reason for people to dislike hunting. (With the prime negative example being modern team hunts on live servers. Where one cant even truly tell anymore what monsters were part of the pull.)

Changing the amount of mana gotten from a potion, loot table of the dragons, need to conserve UHs and even just adding more spawns reducing the hunting pressure is a huge change. This doesnt even consider the new items and is only the very tip of what is to come, since there wasnt much time to figure out the real imbalanced strategies. The balancing implications will take a LOOOOONG time and potentially cause quite alot of dmg to the lvl distribution and economy. (not that it cant work like this. Its just the imbalance which cant be avoided in such a complex system with this many changes).

Mastering the above described problem obviously also doesnt quite fix the problem some other have, with this not being the same as 7.4 anymore. I hope that the change will bring new players as it is intended. It will be costly price otherwise. The 7.4 server was also what made me start here.

I am looking forward how this will be handled :). Personally balancing one change at a time, enabling certain features over time, seems the safest to me.

For now I will just explore the new content :)

Greetings

May 4th 2019, 17:14 CEST
Deacon

I did the Update and tried to run the updated program, my Anti-Virus flagged a potentual Trojan. Anyone else have a similar issue?

May 4th 2019, 19:06 CEST
Deacon

By Deacon
I did the Update and tried to run the updated program, my Anti-Virus flagged a potentual Trojan. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Here is a Screenshot of what my Anti-Virus found

https://gyazo.com/8e23dcef91bbfecb49d0ee9f5bf4cb3b

May 4th 2019, 19:18 CEST
Amigos

HaHahAaaaaaaaahaha

good job !

agree with marcus 100%

very good update ! :)

May 4th 2019, 23:20 CEST
Yrdy

Finally ^^

May 4th 2019, 23:32 CEST
Draviel
Tutor

By Faberche
Well, I was patient long time enough. I was here since the begining, making few new characters time after time...

I thought it will be RPG server.

I do not even know where to start, becuase I could not know how to stop counting..

Just big fu*** thank You Marcus, for wasting my last half of the year, wasting my money and my hope in MasterCores.

If You do not listen to us, NEVER, cause if You do You would ask for those changes before bringing here the copy of DarkOT for fuck sake, I would like to say it loudly, and clearly...

GO FUCK YOURSELF, MARCUS, REALLY. LOST A FAITH ON YOU LIKE TOTALLY...

Fucking brainless...

/Swordy

I know you're upset, a big part of the community are, but please mr. Swordy, dont harass the Staff. Even if what happened isnt good/aint gonna be good, we need to refrain our emotions to try to revert the situation. And marcus, dont be upset with this/other harassments, ure a great guy, also the other staff. I know you're having a lot of problems, so take your time to read all our suggestions.
Thanks for everything

May 5th 2019, 01:44 CEST
Baisdo

Yea upset is an understatement, this is more of a feeling of betrayal after spending endless hours trusting that the owner won't remove the game from under our feet.

Look on the bright side, at least if you rollback this then people probably wont nag about an update for a while.

Last edited by Baisdo on May 5th 2019, 02:04 CEST
May 5th 2019, 01:56 CEST
Tadzik

A few good moves. A few very bad, obvious effects.

It's a pity ... but I come to the conclusion that it is not the fault of the server (before the upade) and just few people appreciate this game.
 Most of us have had a moment of nostalgia from old times. 
I'm not saying I'm leaving but I'm hanging the adventure until the reaction! 
Listen to the voices of people who kept it all by buying a golden account.
 Here you can see the voices of seasoners heard. 

May the better times come, or let them be memories.

Regards, friends whom I met here from Mexico to Warsaw!

May 5th 2019, 03:56 CEST
Merkan

Everyone says that everything is so bad, can't you point more to what part of the update you find bad and to what part you find good?

1. Rods and wands.

I feel that this is great. Yes, I am a mage myself, but life is rough as a low level mage. You have to buy blanks and make HMM's at first, if you are lucky you might get a fire sword from a friend that makes you able to kill rotworms for 30 levels. Wands/Rods are their saviours.

2. Damage formulas for knights and paladins.

I got no idea if this is good or bad, I have not seen anyone mention it in earlier posts. Was it a huge buff? If so - congrats. Mages got wands and rods and you got this. Fair i'd say.

3. Buyable runes.

The idea of this is good, but they might be a bit cheap? People were able to sell loads of SD's for an amount of 7k per bp before the update and now they cost 6,5k per bp in shop. A part of me feels that you should still profit by making your own runes/sell your runes to others. But since the population is quite low at the moment(?) this gives the people that are active a possibility to buy runes and go gain some good experience. Add 1,5k per backpack for every rune in shop, then its perfect in my eyes atleast.

4. Stronger mana fluids / Additional mana fluids

No, just no. Even for me as a mage, this was not necessary. We have speed in PvP, we deal alot of damage. I am not saying that we are impossible to kill now, but it is much harder. A good thing is that they are very expensive. But no, this was not good nor necessary.. You should have kept the old manafluids. Sorcerers can powergame insanly fast now with their energy wave.

5. Additional life fluids

I got no idea if knights or pallys was in need of this? They used UH and yes some knights healed terribly low, but that was a part of the charm i guess? (Easy to say this as a mage) But as far as I can read you seem to have made the price of these great. Can't a pally or a knight post and explain what their thought about this is?

6. New creatures

Good! This was perfect. We needed something new, both monsters and locations. Alot of the new monsters gives alot of experience which means that they are hard to solo, maybe you should have added something that was good for people in the lower levels. (You did add cycs and wyrms though) Great!

7. New spells.

As a druid, ofcourse i'm happy. But I did not need it, i was fine with my SD damage and my ability to heal others. But I am not here to complain about getting a good attacking spell. Cheers.

8. New quests.

Wow, let's hope that people can get active in one way or another again so that we might get the opportunity to clear atleast the level 150+ one.

These are just my thoughts, it feels like posts like these are better than the ones saying: "This OT is dead", "Are you stupid?" and so on.

Thanks for giving us huge updates even though the population is low.

Edit: I forgot the stackable runes: My first thought was no. But since they weigh as much as an entire bp of runes I feel that its pretty okay. This is a keep.

Last edited by Merkan on May 5th 2019, 09:15 CEST
May 5th 2019, 09:08 CEST
Sigurt

By Merkan
Everyone says that everything is so bad, can't you point more to what part of the update you find bad and to what part you find good?

1. Rods and wands.

I feel that this is great. Yes, I am a mage myself, but life is rough as a low level mage. You have to buy blanks and make HMM's at first, if you are lucky you might get a fire sword from a friend that makes you able to kill rotworms for 30 levels. Wands/Rods are their saviours.

2. Damage formulas for knights and paladins.

I got no idea if this is good or bad, I have not seen anyone mention it in earlier posts. Was it a huge buff? If so - congrats. Mages got wands and rods and you got this. Fair i'd say.

3. Buyable runes.

The idea of this is good, but they might be a bit cheap? People were able to sell loads of SD's for an amount of 7k per bp before the update and now they cost 6,5k per bp in shop. A part of me feels that you should still profit by making your own runes/sell your runes to others. But since the population is quite low at the moment(?) this gives the people that are active a possibility to buy runes and go gain some good experience. Add 1,5k per backpack for every rune in shop, then its perfect in my eyes atleast.

4. Stronger mana fluids / Additional mana fluids

No, just no. Even for me as a mage, this was not necessary. We have speed in PvP, we deal alot of damage. I am not saying that we are impossible to kill now, but it is much harder. A good thing is that they are very expensive. But no, this was not good nor necessary.. You should have kept the old manafluids. Sorcerers can powergame insanly fast now with their energy wave.

5. Additional life fluids

I got no idea if knights or pallys was in need of this? They used UH and yes some knights healed terribly low, but that was a part of the charm i guess? (Easy to say this as a mage) But as far as I can read you seem to have made the price of these great. Can't a pally or a knight post and explain what their thought about this is?

6. New creatures

Good! This was perfect. We needed something new, both monsters and locations. Alot of the new monsters gives alot of experience which means that they are hard to solo, maybe you should have added something that was good for people in the lower levels. (You did add cycs and wyrms though) Great!

7. New spells.

As a druid, ofcourse i'm happy. But I did not need it, i was fine with my SD damage and my ability to heal others. But I am not here to complain about getting a good attacking spell. Cheers.

8. New quests.

Wow, let's hope that people can get active in one way or another again so that we might get the opportunity to clear atleast the level 150+ one.

These are just my thoughts, it feels like posts like these are better than the ones saying: "This OT is dead", "Are you stupid?" and so on.

Thanks for giving us huge updates even though the population is low.

Edit: I forgot the stackable runes: My first thought was no. But since they weigh as much as an entire bp of runes I feel that its pretty okay. This is a keep.

95% agree
 runes more expensive

May 5th 2019, 09:54 CEST
Mike Hunt

Interesting, I might come back for a week or so to check out the new stuff.. Hopefully Elana isn't totally empty by now and some of my old friends still play..

edit: Anyone knows if banuta shortcut was added?

Last edited by Mike Hunt on May 5th 2019, 10:43 CEST
May 5th 2019, 10:33 CEST
Marcus
Administrator

By Deacon

Here is a Screenshot of what my Anti-Virus found

https://gyazo.com/8e23dcef91bbfecb49d0ee9f5bf4cb3b

Hello,

That's a false positive, it can be ignored by whitelist the client in the antivirus.
We are aware of the false positives that some antiviruses can show, and we're working to get the client whitelisted in all antiviruses.

May 5th 2019, 15:55 CEST
Gurz

Of course some of these updates are stupid as hell (just few like the potions ones and bolts sellable and runes sellable)
But hey the major update to get your players back is a BR server.
And thats a FACT.
And you might say medivia doesn't have br server and bla bla. Thats because they didn't gave us hope from the start and you did, soo thats why br ppl even play medivia with 300 ping, since they know medivia wont open a br server. But here... they rushed, they smiled, they laughed, they did soo many things in a 0-10 ping to you crush all their dreams and pufff a 150-300 ping servers, of course no one will play.

Last edited by Gurz on May 5th 2019, 16:00 CEST
May 5th 2019, 15:58 CEST
Dornzera

And what about hotkeys? If u drain the mage power, you HAVE TO add hotkeys, because they are strong in 7.4 exactly because they miss a lot of SD's on PVP, and etc, thats why they have to use area spells like GFB, or go to trap to be able to hit the target every hit. So, if now the spells are weakier, they should be able to target players and not miss any hit. If you wont add hotkeys, mages will be totally unbalanced.

I dont agree with this update because is the exactly CipSoft path, but, since i dont play anymore, fuck my opinion.

I can see a lot of players liked, but think about the hotkeys ;)

May 5th 2019, 16:20 CEST
Diehardfyran

April the 1st? Wtf man, my "Real Tibia"  feeling was lost the same second i logged on. This is not a 7.4 Rpg game, this is just a regular OT-server now.
Would have been more than happy with just the new hunting grounds, could have lived with the rune stacking. everything else is more or less just a big joke!
Sure this will be fun for a few days but im pretty sure it wont last more than a few days, maybe a week and thats probably just cus of the new hunting grounds,.

Sorry but you probably just lost one of your  lojay player here.

(Sorry Marcus, du har gjort ett kanonjobb med denna server men detta är fan inte vad beskrivningen utgör sig för att vara ((7.4)) 
  Att få en skaplig gubbe på en low rate Darkot är inte vad jag spelat för iallafall.

May 5th 2019, 18:28 CEST
Balzakvinder

I came to this OT server for the old feeling of 7.4, as we loved it so much. This update is such a pain, really, it just not makes me sad, but made me and my entire guild stop playing in once. 

The reason why I quited tibia in the old days, was THIS update. The potions ruin it all. Also I love the old spells.. mage UE was perfect as it was, feared by all, now useless. 

And stacking runes and being able to buy them in the shop? (LOL). All you need to do is pump in cash now and pg hard, stack hundreds of sd and its a real fkn OT, like any else.

the old feeling of putting in efford, making runes, dragging backpacks and loot, hunting single mobs with EFFORT, poof, all gone.

I speak for my self, Yellow Golum and my entire guild on Azera, we all quit. Thanks for the time of the old feeling, we loved it once again.

R.I.P mastercores

May 6th 2019, 00:44 CEST
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)