World Merges
Thread in News started by Marcus, March 18th 2019, 11:00 CEST
Page:
Marcus
Administrator

To ensure the survival of MasterCores a few world merges are necessary to lower the total cost of keeping MasterCores online.
For some of you this will be happy news since it will make the remaining worlds more crowded.
But it will also mean bad news for those who enjoyed their previous worlds.

Merges this week:
Canera will be merged into Benera.
Demera will be merged into Benera.
Gamora will be merged into Azera.
Huntera will be merged into Benera.

Houses will be left and emptied on the worlds that's up for merge (items sent to depot).
In clear worlds, houses in Azera and Benera is safe and will stay with current owners.

Some may wonder why Demera is being merged with Benera.
Demera is hosted in Brazil, which has a lot of problems with networking due to the cooperation corruption that has been going on for many years.
As shown for the last 5 months, Demera have had a lot of kicks, offline periods and other issues, which other worlds rarely have.
Also it has been many times there Demera was unable to communicate with the website multiple times.
Along with all issues, Demera is the most expensive world to keep online, (we're talking 700+ Euro/monthly).

Last edited by Marcus on March 18th 2019, 11:08 CEST
March 18th 2019, 11:00 CEST
Gniewek

Hi Marcus 

What do you think about it ; 

2 servers : Azera & Benera with normal Pvp mode + Pvp enforced for for war mode + brazil proxy on both servers ?

thanks 
skyor 

March 18th 2019, 11:18 CEST
Ezoteriusz
Tutor

Ehh you should also merged fidia and elana (yes we know they they are in nonpvpmode) but no one is playing there and we dont care tbh on azera we just want to get more people online

March 18th 2019, 11:21 CEST
Gniewek

Even Better If we will have only 1 server Azera with proxy for USA and Brazil

March 18th 2019, 11:22 CEST
Marekx

Merges this week:
Canera will be merged into Benera.
Demera will be merged into Benera.
Gamora will be merged into Azera.
Huntera will be merged into Benera.
Fidia will be merged into Benera.
Elana will be merged into Azera.

Thats better message and you should make transfer character is able for 7-14 (you cant switch it every day its stupid) today im azera tommorow benera and in 3 days im back azera. That days then you can buy next and price for 50 points not 100 points - its too high. 
If you want to have still players you should make it fast becouse already you get it and lost it cuz nothing happen on servers when people just comed and they left again since ur updates.
People should be able to have logged in 3 characters in same time per computer or you can add runes to shops for price like in global tibia so makers still gonna make runes for cheaper price , people gonna buy shop scrolls to sell it for gold and exp from buying it in shop for crystal coins =) 

ADD RUNES IN SHOP WITH GLOBAL PRICE  GONNA GIVE 30 % MORE COMMUNITY ON SERVER.

When medivia was dying he add it now he have many people . 

Change Revendal add bigger City Of Lizards on that lvls its not soo good exp there.
Suggest just.

Last edited by Marekx on March 18th 2019, 11:54 CEST
March 18th 2019, 11:40 CEST
Lunatone

I am pleased to know that I still have a non-pvp world to play on, thanks!

March 18th 2019, 12:26 CEST
Mazza
Tutor

If benera isn't moved to west coast USA so Australians can at least play with 170ms ping then I guess I'll quit. 230ms ping is a bit too much for me.

March 18th 2019, 12:54 CEST
Chicoocp

No more brazilian hosts 
at least a proxy?

March 18th 2019, 13:08 CEST
Nonamex

When is it going to happen?

March 18th 2019, 13:40 CEST
Amigos

Congratulations
Hail Marcus!

March 18th 2019, 14:26 CEST
Indie

I think you should merge the remaining servers:

All American+Australian+Brazilian servers into Benera hosted somewhere in the middle of US so that brazilian players and venezuelan players don't have major ping issues
All European servers into Azera hosted in Germany (why even make a non-pvp 7.4 server lol, there's literally 20 players on 2 worlds and they do nothing but generate additional costs for you, they don't have big playerbases, its maybe 20-30 people combined, excluding makers that'd be 10 people.)

I also believe that it is a good idea to add some sort of pvp enforced in the warmode on Azera/Benera, it doesnt affect neutral players at all and enables war players to thrive and keep them on the server. Some sort of compensation after dying multiple times a day should be added as well, like a small exp boost or lootrate boost if that's even possible. I don't think there's any reason not to do that.

Adding runes to magic stores is also a good band-aid fix for the server, it allows people who have a lot of money to spend to buy runes from the magic shop, it doesnt break the economy because there's barely any spawns where you can consistently profit, also the example of Medivia showed that it isn't as significant as it may seem at the first glance.

off-top: fix druids

Last edited by Indie on March 18th 2019, 15:30 CEST
March 18th 2019, 15:25 CEST
Maroka
Tutor

So can we expect a br host in the future? Because this ot is great, but still for a lot of us (br players) the main attractive of this ot is the low ping. I get that you have to do it, but I think most br's will not continue playing after this. Myself, after playing huntera with its high ping (150~)  dont know if I will.

March 18th 2019, 15:26 CEST
Nephistos

will our characters stay the same with the items and all ? or we're gonna have to start over. if we can keep out things i don't really mind a little more ping, it's still playable and i like the idea of having more players in the world, it makes it less shallow

March 18th 2019, 15:55 CEST
CM Hankan
Community Manager

By Nephistos
will our characters stay the same with the items and all ? or we're gonna have to start over. if we can keep out things i don't really mind a little more ping, it's still playable and i like the idea of having more players in the world, it makes it less shallow

No characters will be reset. The only thing players being merged into another world could lose is their house.
All items inside the house will be sent to your depot though, so they are all safe aswell!

March 18th 2019, 16:16 CEST
Lolesinio

Hello Marcus. Good to hear that you do care about that servers as all of us players put much effort into. The main thing for now is Azera to deliver I think. I also do agree 100% with what Indie said.

Kind Regards
Bu

March 18th 2019, 16:52 CEST
Tingle

Demera will now be hosted in the US?

March 18th 2019, 17:09 CEST
Inside

NOOOO, now that I started to play the BR server will be moved to US

March 18th 2019, 17:13 CEST
Tingle

Thats just terrible news, there will be considerate jump in the ping of brazilian payers. that just seems like a lousy fix for a big issue, players from south america will experience a spike of abour 150+ ping on the connection.

Are there no other options? server will just not be attractive anymore for south america public

March 18th 2019, 17:18 CEST
Brunobadm

And for Brazilians, how is it? we played in the right place for the ping ... I do not understand why demera is one of the targets, since it is always the second server with more people online, losing only to azera, sometimes even with more players than azera .. Do not you want more Brazilian players on your server? if this makes us clear please

March 18th 2019, 17:19 CEST
Baneful

Hi,

As brazilian i'ld like to say some words to the administration.
I undestand that brazilian host is expensive and sometimes give some troubles, and for the staff can be a problem.
But the staff should undestand Demera has lot more players than Benera, and most brazilians wouldn't play in a server with 160-180ms, i can speak by my self, i'll probably stop. I just created a char there and made some test and it's terrible..

So imo you should reconsider it, or find another solution, maybe if u guys are not being able to have any profit on brazilian server due to the expensive host service, you could consider maybe give a try on a south USA host or another country (in south america or central), but the fact is a NY server doesn't fit in my expectations, and i think most brazilians and south americans would agree on that.
I also think it is a bad move, u'll have an american server with no players since most south americans could quit playing.

Last edited by Baneful on March 18th 2019, 18:00 CEST
March 18th 2019, 17:50 CEST
Page:
This site requriers javascript to be enabeled to run properly!
(Please enable javascript in your browser)